I know promises fade away
[html]
[/html]It was the sound of pattering feet against the snow that first alerted Tayui. She hadn’t thought that anyone would venture this deep into the territory, but then, she had been proven wrong before to know that her assumptions did not always hold up. It was, however, the shout that followed that served to startle her. She turned to see who was coming, but her movement was slow and languid as she did not to aggravate her injuries. As she turned her head, the wound across her neck stretched and pulled. Instead of straining herself, she instead followed the movement with her feet. After a few seconds, she was able to discern Vesper as the source of all the noise.

“Vesper,” she greeted the other with a slow wag of her tail. “Is something wrong? I’m glad to see that you’re okay. I was worried that Jaden might try something foolish.” Even though Tayui knew that she had a certain soft spot for the coyotes in Inferni, wishing to believe that they were all misunderstood rather than necessarily bloodthirsty monsters like Hybrid had been, she still had always liked Vesper for who she was. Her bias aside, she was glad to see the coyote and hoped that Vesper’s annoyance was intended for some external factor and not Tayui. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread