I know promises fade away
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 273

Vesper frowned at the other’s words, and the expression only deepened when the white wolf mentioned not being able to venture near Salsola. “At least you aren’t neighbors with them,” she quipped, the humor dying quickly from her voice despite the fact that she’d intended the remark to be light. She didn’t want to trivialize the other’s pain, but at least she would find it easier to evade them. The coywolf had disguised herself judiciously for the raid, but she did not want to know what would happen if a Salsolian recognized her.

“I almost saved one of the slaves, an old woman,” the young coyote murmured after a moment, “but a black she-wolf killed her—grabbed her hair and sank her teeth into her throat without any hesitation.” Disgust coated her words and wrinkled her muzzle; the creature had been an elder, no threat. It was perhaps even confusion that led her to accept Vesper’s help. “It’s only luck that I managed to escape,” she went on, “but they didn’t come after me.”

After the report, she settled down on her haunches to alleviate some of her own anxiety about this meeting. Memories of Salsola darkened her mood and did nothing to help her already-existent agitation. She sighed, inhaled, then sniffed. Her ears lifted curiously, and she met the woman’s heterochromatic gaze. “You smell of a pack.” It wasn’t as engrained as Vesper’s Infernian scent, and more concentrated with a couple of other canines, but it was still a pack smell. “Are you sheltering with one?” She wasn’t sure about Tayui’s past or whether she was the type to want to join.

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread