I know promises fade away
[html]
[/html]Tayui chuckled quietly in agreement when Vesper mentioned neighbours. Yes, indeed – at least she wasn’t in Inferni. Tayui suspected Eris’ hatred for Kaena would serve as a reason to stay away from the clan. Moreover, even if Gabriel was no longer the Aquila, she doubted that his son would be interested in engaging another pack in war – well, she hoped. She didn’t know him at all, so she had no way of knowing what he thought about other packs. There had been no wars between Inferni and anyone else, so she could only hope for the best.

Tayui’s expression darkened when Vesper described her rescue attempt. A black she-wolf (Eris, perhaps?) had killed her on the spot. Although Tayui thought it might be Eris, it could have been anyone. They were murdering, slave-keeping, amoral, godless people. Perhaps they should have just burned the pack to the ground. Hearing Vesper relate this only made her blood boil and Tayui wished she had been able to kill Eris after all.

She was hoping to ask about the wolf, but Vesper quickly switched gears and inquired about her scent. Tayui nodded and hesitated, unsure if she should reveal too much. After all, she didn’t want to bring any harm to the new pack. Of course, Vesper was resourceful enough that she’d find out on her own, so Tayui decided to be upfront about it. The need for secrets wasn’t as pressing as it had been before and Tayui just hoped she could trust the coyote.

“Yes, with Casa di Cavalieri, to the west of here. I washed up near their borders and they’ve been helping me recover. I – I don’t know if I’ll stay though. I’m not sure how suited I am for a pack anymore,” she explained with a resigned shrug. “But I’m glad you’ve found a home for yourself. I always did like Inferni. Did you ever have the pleasure of meeting the old Aquila, Gabriel? Or his mother, Kaena? I did quite like them, though I hear Gabriel’s left…” [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread