I know promises fade away
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 402

Anger at injustice was an emotion that Vesper had grown used to. It had began as a spark when Oliver harassed the lower members of the coyote gang, and her response had always been radical. She’d become a murderer in the span of a few shaking seconds, and yet she had not learned her lesson. Even the threat of bringing Salsola’s rage down on her new clan did nothing to ease the hate boiling in her breast. She was not a woman of God or any other of the named and nameless deities other souls worshipped, but her sense of morals was strong. She knew what was wrong and what was right in her own eye, and she did not tolerate wrongness at such a level.

Being able to change the subject helped to cool her down, however, and she was almost able to forget the events in the north. The name of the pack was only scarcely familiar; she had noted its borders when they were newly marked. She had no idea how relations with Casa di Cavalieri would be in the future, could have no way of knowing, so she only viewed it as “just another pack” as she viewed most of those that lay in the southern regions.

“It’s good to have friends and shelter, even if it’s not permanent,” Vesper remarked as the other shrugged. She was lucky to have found a group to take her in and treat her injuries, if they had been as bad as the hybrid suspected. Her expression transformed into a slightly shy smirk as the other pointed out her own ties, and she nodded slowly.

“Inferni suits me,” she said, and it was true. She could see herself running with no other pack—other than New Dawn, in an alternate dimension where she were pure wolf and untainted by the luperci virus. She had chosen coyote, however, and she had chosen a capable clan of fang and fire. “Gabriel did leave before my time, but his son is a very capable leader. I’ve only seen Kaena from a distance, and she seems to be doing well for her age.” She quite admired the old scarred woman, even if she hadn’t spoken with the Lykoi matriarch.

“Inferni does have a lot of history,” she added, chuckling. “I don’t think I’ll ever learn it all.” But it did mean more excuses to visit Myrika.

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread