I know promises fade away
Nawwww 's not that bad ;D
[html]
[/html]Tayui shifted uncomfortably when Vesper forgave her. She wanted to rebuke her forgiveness, but she didn’t know why. She couldn’t tell if it was because she didn’t want her forgiveness or if she thought she didn’t deserve it . Whatever the reason, it felt wrong and selcouth* to hear Vesper utter such words. Tayui lowered her head slightly as she thought back to the raid and the slave that had died. She felt guilty because she didn’t even know the wolf’s name, but she was dead because of Tayui.

As Vesper spoke, she moved closer until she was suddenly quite close and had her muzzle on Tayui’s shoulder. Instead of shaking or moving away, Tayui leaned in to the touch. She felt real and alive and whole now, instead of empty and hollow like before – before when she’d told the story and before the raid against Salsola.

“Please—” she began. She barely managed to choke out that one word and her voice cracked as she spoke. “Thank you. I—my life hasn’t been all bad; it’s—I’ve had a very content life—until—recently,” she added awkwardly. “But please don’t feel bad, I—I’m just happy you—are here.”[html]
[/html]
* strange; uncommon.

Messages In This Thread