I know promises fade away
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 243

Some wolves lived in a stupor of depression, unforgiving toward themselves, allowing the path they walked to stay dark. Blame and grief fell hard on their shoulders and streaked their fur with grey before their time. It was something that Vesper hated to see, for all her pity, she found herself angry at such individuals. Had she been weaker, she might have still doggedly pursued Marcel for vengeance, or collapsed on herself sobbing because she woke without Juniper’s sweet scent close by. She had instead forced herself to move on, and she found herself not really caring about the past, and that had kept her from being one of those hollow creatures who wept and pitied and hated themselves at every step.

And so she was glad when Tayui pressed closer to her; the hybrid’s small body shifted accordingly so the whole of her side was against the wolf’s, lending support that transcended silly words. She was even gladder when the woman spoke wisely, even in her cracking voice insisting her life wasn’t all bad. She nodded lightly and nuzzled Tayui’s shoulder in agreement; she was here.

Vesper closed her eyes, almost like a child with her cheek pressed into a grownup’s fur. “Do you know what you’ll do next? Do you know if I can help?” She knew there was only so much that she could do, but she would not refuse Tayui if there was something within her power to do.

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread