I know promises fade away
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 306 :: snugglebuns

Nothing to be done, if she were to trust the white-furred woman’s words. And she thought that she would, just because Tayui had been around for so many years and was perhaps beyond the stage where everything was fine, everything was okay, everyone was lying through their teeth. Vesper sighed quietly, more of a deep breath than anything, enjoying the closeness of another body without anything more complicated than that.

Bicolor eyes opened to meet the hybrid’s, and for a second Ves was looking not at ruby and sapphire but at honey and sky. She had to avert her gaze quickly to keep other emotions from surfacing, although she felt as though someone had struck her in the ribs.

She listened with sympathy as the other went on, although from her own life she did not see being a loner as something to resent. It was difficult, yes, and although she would not admit it, the coywolf preferred Inferni. But only because Inferni fit; she wouldn’t enjoy pack life without feeling like she was a part of something she belonged to. And so she could understand what the arctic wolf was saying.

The older woman’s last difficult words made the Optio smile, her signature smirk slashed crooked across her scarred muzzle. “Well, you know where I live, sweetheart,” she teased lightly, nuzzling her shoulder again, resisting the urge to press her nose deeper into her coat. “It’s the least I can do,” she added, although the statement sounded funny; she didn’t truly owe the woman anything for her to return the favor.

Or maybe she did owe Tayui something. Certainly, Vesper knew a lot more about herself than she had before fighting for her ideals in Sequoia. She knew how much she hated the suffering of others, how much she would truly sacrifice to stop that.

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread