leaned my hands on the old cold sand
[html]

Set north of Salsola.

The shores of the bay carried few substantial trees due to the soil, but Levent had at last found a scraggly dead one to practice. Unsheathing his throwing knives from the pouch on his shoulder, he grabbed them carefully then began to step away from the tree. In slow motion, both arms pointed to his imaginary target on the trunk, before he rotated the knife arm back up near his head. He frowned then hurled that arm down, his fingers releasing the blade. It turned in the air then stuck point first in the bark, and he allowed a wide smile to break out across his face.

“Been a while since you practiced, hasn’t it, mate?”

The good-natured quip came from behind him, and the wolf turned leisurely to see the white tomcat sitting with tail curled around his paws—at which a collection of shells and pieces of driftwood was spread out. His eyes widened, and the cat let out a happy purr when his companion lunged for him. Skinny arms wrapped tight around the laughing feline as Levent looked down at the items.

“I thought you were out hunting.” He pulled the cat away from him, holding him out at arm’s length to grin broadly. “Let’s see if any of this stuff is good.”

Wilson snorted and dropped down onto the grass, stepping toward the shells and batting a couple of them aside. “Some might be pretty enough for you. And if you got off your lazy arse to learn a skill for once, you could carve the driftwood.” He paused then let out a happy mewl, picking one of the shells up between his teeth and scampering over to where Levent was studying the driftwood. “This one’s ace! Have you seen a color like that before?”

The merchant grinned, holding it up to his eye. It was banded with white and a strange reddish-pink color. “I have, but it’s still a great find.” He rubbed his friend between the ears and grabbed for the backpack that carried all of his trinkets. He lifted the bag experimentally and grunted. “Getting a bit heavy. I’m not going to find room in here so stuff doesn’t get knocked around.” He smiled. “We need to trade soon. Maybe get ourselves a horse.”

“Because horse tack and feed is so much lighter.” Wilson grinned. “Not bleeding likely,” he mewed, and sprinted away from Lev when the wolf reached out to cuff him.

<style type="text/css">
.trustmelev b {font-weight:bold; color:#799a9f; letter-spacing:1px;}
.trustmelev w {font-weight:bold; color:#daceab; letter-spacing:1px; }
.trustmelev p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.trustmelev {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#02070a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2nIjA.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 420px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:arial, serif; font-size:13px; color:#737779; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread