rollin' in the hay
[html]

blaaah

Word Count → +3

Ten minutes passed before there was any response to her call. Fern and her colt stood nearby the wagon, playing quietly while Duke and Dixie took naps. There was a dream playing behind her eyes, images of Wayne dancing happily, his soft voice rumbling through her mind. Love swelled in her heart even as she slept for the Labrador mutt, he made her so happy, whether he was near or far. Sure, she missed him a lot already…and it made her a bit sad that it’d be another few days of travel until she got to see him again, but the fact that he was waiting for her made her so happy! Such a great reason to get back to Casa as fast as she possibly could.

Bark saw the Luperci on horseback first, watching with pricked ears and wide eyes, unsure of who it was or what they wanted. Whickering softly, he alerted his mother and Duke of their presence and quickly trotted back over to the wagon. The stallion, still hooked to the girl’s mode of transportation, took a jerky step forward, jostling Dixie from her sleep. All three of the horses watched closely as the dusty grey woman walked closer and began speaking.

Without opening her eyes, Dixie sighed and reached up to rub at her face a few times. Yes ma’am, I’m from Casa di Cavalieri. Sorry ‘bout trespassin’, I didn’t even realize…” She shook her head and looked over at the woman, smiling a bit and dipping her head with respect. ”My name is Dixie-May, pullin’ the cart is Duke, the mare is Fern and her babe is Bark. I’m guessin’ yer Miss Grace?” Her pale green eyes lifted to look at the bird atop the woman’s head, the smile becoming bigger at the amusing sight. ”And who might this handsome fella be?”

Image courtesy of PNNL@Flickr; table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.dixiemayiku .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding-bottom: 5px;}
.dixiemayiku p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.dixiemayiku b {color:#583123; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.dixiemayiku {background-color:#8d8a72; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/m8kal5.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.dixiemayiku .inner {margin:0px 5px 195px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.dixiemayiku p.wordcount {color:#583123; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:5px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.dixiemayiku-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread