rollin' in the hay
[html]
<style type="text/css">#grace-03 {width: 380px; margin: auto; padding: 450px 10px 10px; background: #978e9b url(http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s41 ... lebg04.png) top center no-repeat; border: 1px solid #e1d8ca; outline: 1px solid #505050; font: 8pt helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 10pt; color: #f7c2b7; text-align: justify;} #grace-03 p { margin: 10px auto 0px; text-indent: 0px; } #grace-03 .line01, #grace-03 .line02, #grace-03 .speak {font-family: times new roman, serif; margin: 0px;} #grace-03 .line01 {font-size: 15pt; line-height: 15pt; color: #86b7a0; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #505050;} #grace-03 .line02 {font-size: 12pt; line-height: 12pt; color: #acbf90; text-transform: lowercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #505050;} #grace-03 .ooc {margin-bottom: 15px;} #grace-03 .speak {font-size: 10pt; color: #f0d8c9;} #grace-03 .taj {font-style: italic;} #grace-03 a.tooltip {vertical-align: super; color: #f0d8c9; font-size: 8px;} #grace-03 a { color: #f0d8c9; } #grace-03 a:hover { border-bottom: 1px dotted; }</style>

I was alone, I took a ride

I didn't know what I would find there

WC: 395. Sorry, errday I'm slackin'. Slight powerplay; assuming Dixie-May would follow. Let me know if es no bueno. ETA: This was written the other day, but I couldn't post it. Thus, WotD is old. Hopefuly nobody minds?

Another road where maybe I

Could find another kind of mind there

Grace wasn't particularly disquieted by the trespassing. In her birth tribe, trespassers often became family. Mikhail had never worried about more mouths to feed; they had yet to have a nimiety, and ancillaries - both of hand and of mind - were ever welcome. Often, tribe members came and went as they pleased, Grace herself among them. If she returned home, she would be welcomed with open arms; there were no grudges held against her for leaving, either. Freedom had been a core principle. She was perhaps a bit naïaut;ve for neglecting to notice that her new tribe did not adhere to such beliefs. At any rate, Grace found it difficult to get herself into trouble; she was a charmer at heart, and her non-threatening demeanor allowed her a certain level of pococurante for rules and regulations. She was never far out of bounds, in any case, and she tried not to give others cause for crossness.

Grace performed Añjali Mudrā?, grinning pleasantly. "Namaste, Dixie-May!" She paused for a moment, then giggled. "That rhymed!" Turquoise eyes were alight with pleasure as she looked up through her mane at her companion. "This lad is Taj. He's a crow.. well, obviously. Anyway, I found him when he was little. Cute little bugger, broken wing and some lacerations on him though. Brought him back around, and he decided to stay on for the journey." She gestured toward Dixie May and said, "Taj, this is Dixie-May. She's a friend who came to trade." Taj's black eyes were bright with intelligence; he seemed to understand. From his beak came his new favourite phrase: "What do?" She turned and indicated the liver chestnut Arabian, adding, "My mare is Layla. She doesn't mind other horses, so don't worry about her." Layla nickered amiably.

After a moment, Grace went to Layla and mounted back up, Taj still secured atop her head. She gestured to Dixie-May, still smiling cheerfully. "Come on. I won't mention that you were in here before I got here; I don't really think you're a threat." She began to lead the way back to the village. As they rode, it occurred to Grace that she ought to actually do her job. It wasn't that she had forgotten; she was simply to friendly to stick rigidly to business. "So, what are you looking for, then?" she asked conversationally.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread