rollin' in the hay
[html]<style type="text/css">#grace-03 {width: 380px; margin: auto; padding: 450px 10px 10px; background: #978e9b url(http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s41 ... lebg04.png) top center no-repeat; border: 1px solid #e1d8ca; outline: 1px solid #505050; font: 8pt helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 10pt; color: #f7c2b7; text-align: justify;} #grace-03 p { margin: 10px auto 0px; text-indent: 0px; } #grace-03 .line01, #grace-03 .line02, #grace-03 .speak {font-family: times new roman, serif; margin: 0px;} #grace-03 .line01 {font-size: 15pt; line-height: 15pt; color: #86b7a0; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #505050;} #grace-03 .line02 {font-size: 12pt; line-height: 12pt; color: #acbf90; text-transform: lowercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #505050;} #grace-03 .ooc {margin-bottom: 15px;} #grace-03 .speak {font-size: 10pt; color: #f0d8c9;}</style>

I was alone, I took a ride

I didn't know what I would find there

WC: 511. Sorry for the delay. I was really sick. Some powerplay to get this thread finished up; let me know if it isn't okay.

Another road where maybe I

Could find another kind of mind there

Intuition is a gift that not everyone has. Some find it very difficult to read the needs or desires of others, while others find body language and tone to be as plain as if intentions and emotions had been stated aloud. Grace was of the latter variety. She read people quite like she read books, as sets of subtle signals, underlying meanings that begged to be understood and interpreted. It was easy enough to see if someone was pleased to see her, even if they tried to appear nonchalant, or if someone was terribly upset, even with a smile and a laugh. As such, her intuition was telling her one thing very plainly: Dixie-May was as anxious to get this exchange completed as she was.

Not to say that she was rude about it. Oh no, on the contrary, she was perfectly amiably. But Grace could see the exhaustion weighing heavily on the Casa girl, and her horses were road-worn and impatient. Dixie-May was clearly doing her best to keep everyone in good sorts, but their time was running short. That was well enough for Grace; she wanted to get home to her bowl and perhaps a nice, relaxing nap. It was a good day for it, besides having a job to do. But given that she was certain that her guest would not mind if they cut their visit short and simply got their work done, she didn't feel terribly ill at ease. They could talk more during breeding season - that would be a longer visit, surely, and a good time to become better friends. Oh yes, that would be lovely, Grace was quite sure. But for now, a pleasant acquaintanceship would have to suffice. She didn't mind.

She picked up the pace, knowing that the sooner she got them to the barn, the sooner Dixie-May could get home, and then, so could she. As the Casa trader spoke, Grace nodded agreeably. Yes, that did seem to be in order. She was sure - well, at least somewhat sure - that it had been mentioned to her by someone, although she couldn't remember who might have brought it up. At any rate, this was her duty, and she thought that Ulilohi would likely trust her judgement. "I think that should be fine. How much hay do you need, sweetheart?" She walked into the barn and gestured to their hay supply, smiling pleasantly. As you can see, we've got plenty.

They managed to get the hay loaded up relatively quickly between the two of them. Grace was slight, but she was all lean muscle from working the stables every day, and she was quite strong. Besides that, she was limber and quick, and soon, the cart held the hay that would go back with the blonde trader. Grace dusted her hands on her jeans. "Pleasure doing business with you, Dixie-May. Give regards to Casa di Cavalieri from friends here in AniWaya." She grinned, then added, "Would you like a guide back to the borders, or can you find your way?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread