rollin' in the hay
[html]

ending here?!

Word Count → +3

Dixie and her menagerie followed Grace through the tall grass towards the barn, arriving within a short amount of time. The light colored wolf was a very fast working woman, and the Samoyed mix was finding that she really liked that in a person…especially when it meant that she’d be able to go home at a quicker rate. I think just the wagon full, maybe a bit more…I can tie it down with the ropes and oven drape the skins over it if I need to down the road a ways… Her eyes widened a bit when she saw the amount of hay littering the barn, it was absolutely bursting at the seams! Maybe some other time she’d ask them where and how they harvested so much, but at the moment she just wanted to leave.

The working was relatively quick, as both of them were fast and tough little women. Ignoring her fatigue, Dixie pushed herself and helped in loading the wagon until it looked like the hay might just start to pile over the sides. Once that was done, she held out a handful of hay to both the horses and grinned when they ate it right up, glad that they remembered what it was like from their home in Texas. Thank you so much, Grace. Jazper and Anann will be very pleased…I can’t wait to come back later in the year. Walking over to the taller woman, Dixie leaned in and gave her a short hug before moving off and leading Duke away from the barn. The small stallion didn’t have too much trouble pulling the wagon away, but she knew he was already tired, and would be worn out soon.

When they reached the borders of AniWaya, Dixie let Duke walk free and tethered Farn, the large draft mare, up to the wagon. The mare tossed her head and began walking at a quick pace, having absolutely no trouble with the wagon at all. The trip home was going to be longer and possibly harder, but she was on her way back to her man and her family. Life was good.

Image courtesy of PNNL@Flickr; table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.dixiemayiku .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding-bottom: 5px;}
.dixiemayiku p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.dixiemayiku b {color:#583123; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.dixiemayiku {background-color:#8d8a72; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/m8kal5.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.dixiemayiku .inner {margin:0px 5px 195px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.dixiemayiku p.wordcount {color:#583123; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:5px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.dixiemayiku-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread