Thoughts of Spring
[html]

Word Count :: 303

out of character text

Numbness drowned out everything, leaving an empty shell of a wolf standing in it's place. Kiara listened to Aylu's words, but they took a long time to register in her brain. Slowly her haunches lowered and she sat in the snow. Her sapphire eyes never wavered from the necklace. She kept staring, thinking that Shiloh would magically pop out of the snow with Sarian while they yelled "surprise". Shiloh couldn't be...its just not possible. They grey wolf was happy, healthy. Granted a little banged up; but it really wasn't that bad. She had...she had...

It was several minutes before Kiara could speak, her words were shaky and quiet. "I...I knew her...her name...was...Shi...Shiloh. She...she was...m...my dearest friend...this wa...wasn't...su...supposed to happen...she was j..just...going away for a little...she was g...going to...to come back...away for a f...few months...then return...why...why did this happen...she was h...healthy...she can't be..." Kiara lifted her face to the male, her eyes begging him to say this was some kind of sick joke or that he had just found the necklace. Anything but the truth. Sadness washed over Kiara, drowning the numbing feeling and leaving her body to rock with grief. Kiara did the only thing she could, she lifted her maw and howled. Her song was filled with an intense amount of sorrow, pain, and loss.

When her howl was finished she lowered her maw. The realization that she would never see her friend again rocked Kiara to the core. Something itched in the back of her mind as it fought for attention. The thought clawed it's way through her sorrow and a single image appeared in her mind...Sarian. Kiara whipped her head around to look at Aylu. Her voice was frantic, but had stopped shaking. "Sarian, where is Sarian? A little grey puppy, no more the five months old, where is she?"

<style type="text/css">
.character-Springmom b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-Springmom.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-Springmom p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-Springmom {margin:0px auto; width:466px; background-color:#425D3F; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4Usfm.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#24CF81; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread