[m] the killer in me is the killer in you
[html]

(351) i put in a [m] tag in the title just in case c:

Her dam's words were like a slap in the face. She stood there, gaping, at a loss. The madwoman's gesticulations offered an insight on her fake pride and holier-than-thou aptitude. Instinctively, her daughter's head rose to match the same level of righteousness presented to her; a foolish move, she knew. Opposition would only serve to trigger an even greater dispute. As much as she planned on avoiding the forthcoming battle, something about her own ego prevented her from stepping down so readily. "I know nothing?" she quipped, bellowing with a matching hiss and an emphasis carefully placed on the latter word. Lillith's accusations were spat like venom, causing the Soulstorm youngster to flinch at every single one of them.

However tempting it might have been at the time, refuting nonsense was counter-productive. She could have taken the higher road right then and there; she had every intention of doing so until impudence came tumbling out of her mouth. No longer would she kneel before her. No longer would she feel sorry for the self-proclaimed monarch. "I know you're living in a fantasy world," she taunted, allowing her gaze to drift elsewhere momentarily. They were surrounded by ruins and oblivion- to think the area had once been intact and sanctified by a group of fanatical cultists. "They're all dead. He's dead. Wake the fuck up and move on, mom." Never had she raised her tone of voice with her parent until now. Her comments weren't tossed around without remorse; grief was ever present on her face.

Her sentence had been cut short, silenced by the unspoken menace thrown her way. It only served as confirmation of her mother's psychic condition. Direct confrontation had never been her preferred method of choice. Lillith had always preyed on the helpless and never on healthy, capable wolves. Manipulation had always been her conventional technique. Either she wasn't thinking straight or she believed her daughter to be weak. The last-mentioned alternative pleased her none. It was downright insulting and it made her blood boil. "And what are you going to do? Harm your own flesh and blood?"

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread