Defend the Ones I Love
Fritz didn’t realize what the clearing of his throat would do but when he saw that it caused the other male to drop into a submissive stance. He remembered seeing him at the mentor meeting and had seen him around but had no idea what his name was. ”Sorry, sir. I didn’t mean to startle you.” He was truly apologetic for startling him.

But his smile turned a little amused at the way that the shorter man was looking at him. Fritz listened to his request and nodded. ”That’s a good reason to learn to protect those that you love.” It was better than his reason for learning to fight. But he was the one who had been part of a mercenary group and fought to make a living.

But there were a few things that he needed to do first. ”But, first: Names! I’m Fritz Earl. What might yours be?” He held out his hand for Hadley to shake. Part of the reason was to be polite but another was to see if Hadley trusted him to not hurt him. It was vital for the shy, unsure man to be able to know that Fritz didn’t want to hurt him and really wanted to help him.

Messages In This Thread