Envy comes in Gold
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 456

Kiara's world was simple. It was focused on the moment with little concern for the past or future. She traveled happily through her existence and enjoyed the simple pleasures in life: a successful hunt, a good nap, spending time with friends and pack mates, playing with puppies of all ages, and running till her legs fell off. Even the complicated world of the luperci could not infect Kiara's world.

It was clear that the loss weighed on X'yrin, but she had managed to look at the situation calmly and objectively. It was a big blow to Ichika no Ho-en and it practically shattered the feeling of safety that the valley held. Why their neighbors would steal from them was beyond her, however it happened and she was thankful that the thieves hadn't taken all of their live stock. How else was the white female supposed to entertain herself when there was no one to talk too?

Although X'yrin had allowed the Kiara to change the topic, it wasn't to last. Once again, the conversation was back to her pregnancy and Kiara was left to be embarrassed again. Being so large, so obviously pregnant, and to have no mate to speak of. It was truly a situation Kiara had never envisioned herself in. To not have one mate for life, it was a strange feeling; an empty feeling. The pregnant female didn't know what to say or think about her situation, hence the embarrassment. "Well I didn't mean to hide it. I...I just don't see anyone these days. Not really sure why, coincidence I guess..." Sapphire eyes moved from the ground to the golden female. Why did things involving her always end up a secret? Almost no one outside of the pack knew that Kiara couldn't shift, and even some within the pack didn't know. There were times when the others tried to hide this fact or went out of their way to avoid the subject. Now her pregnancy had somehow become a secret. Who knew about it? X'yrin of course, someone from Inferni, and Amy, but no one else.

The full meaning behind X'yrin's words didn't hit Kiara at first. She only saw the superficial question, and didn't understand what X'yrin was trying to say. The white wolf stood for a minute in shock. X'yrin was trying to convince her that puppies were sacred, as if she didn't already know that. Kiara fumbled over her words, trying her best to correct the error. "I...I know, I mean...I think puppies are important. They... they are wonderful...and amazing...and just so, puppy. Puppies should be celebrated...and they will be when they come...I just...didn't mean to hide it. I mean I wasn't hiding it...it's just no one knew is all...and...yeah."

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread