Envy comes in Gold
[html]

The real excuse: I just couldn't do the thread earlier.

Word Count → 310

Her argument and explanations were weak, this even Kiara could tell. Still that question kept coming. Why didn't she tell anyone. Kiara thought back to the past several weeks. The series of unfortunate events turning in her mind. The loss of their leaders, the alpha's who created and started Ichika no Ho-en. When X'yrin took up the mantle of leadership and all the arguments that ensued. Amy's sudden and unwanted appearance on the boarder. The loss of Shiloh and the arrival of Alonso and his disappearance. Then there was herself, the Ikusei...just a puppy sitter. Was that it? Was that her answer?

As X'yrin spoke in kind words Kiara's mind turned back to her roots, her instincts. Back in her birth pack there was a rule that was set in stone. Only the alpha's could breed. This rule dated back to the time of their ancestors, before the fall of humanity. It was an unspoken, but understood rule. Kiara had broken it. She wasn't the alpha, she wasn't in charge. Bearing puppies without the right status could have disastrous consequences in her old pack. Although she knew this rule would never stand in Ichika, it was still a frightening prospect. She hid it because her instincts told her too. Could X'yrin understand that? She doubted it. Just as the luperci world was strange to the white wolf, the world of the non-infected was strange to the luperci.

A soft tongue ran across her forehead, it's gentle touch comforting. The arctic wolf patiently waited for X'yrin to finish speaking. The golden females words were beautiful and encouraging. This time Kiara had not trouble finding her words. "I'm sorry X'yrin, I didn't mean to keep it from you. Things got hectic I guess. Still I agree with you. The pack could use some good news. So a celebration then...will there be food?"

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread