Envy comes in Gold
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Her excitement was always contagious, but the Nomad felt herself retain her composure this time. She could not afford a slip, even an elated one, for as she well knew one emotion could lead to a complex other and she wished to convey nothing more than approval for her friend’s condition. But it was becoming difficult in just the span of a few minutes. The practices of her own family came rushing back in place of her confusion to this situation. While birth was a cherished thing, it was the Shepard that placed the mates together, and it was the Shepard that acknowledged and blessed the pair in union and then conception. She had waited a time to fulfill that role, to aspire to the greatness of her Shepard and be closer to them. Yet she felt robbed of that opportunity now and while she was not angered by it… she was none the less disturbed.

Yet still, she wore her smile.

“Well then,” she continued softly. “If you don’t mind a few others then I will extend the invitation to our neighbors. Vesper as well, since I believe she’s the only Infernian that would enjoy our company.” Her lips pulled at the thought in a more exuberant smile, and grew still when the young mother withdrew from her side and pranced around in joy. At the mention of Charm her ear perked up inquisitively. All this planning and she hadn’t thought to ask the woman her input. “I’ll ask her and see how she feels about the arrangement,” she concluded whilst pushing herself up to stand. “But I can’t run with you now, I have to extend our invitations. The earlier the better, yes?” Walking towards the lain pelt, she nudged it closer to the mouth of the den so it would not be forgotten in the she-wolf’s excitement. “I’m sure Saluce wouldn’t mind running with you,” she offered, aware of the budding relationship between the two. “Just be careful to not hurt yourself. Our future depends on you…”

X’yrin bid her farewell in a contented wag of her tail though its movements lacked the fluidity of ease…almost forced. Her path started off not towards home but to the borders as she intended to fulfill her to invite others to this gathering. A nice idea in theory, an event to stir the troubled hearts of the affected and hopefully rekindle a sense of unity. Yet with these hopes, the Nomad could not bring herself to smile not even as she crossed the Wentworth into the free lands that she loved so dearly. An uncomfortable weight had settled on her chest and she carried it with her along the way to Anathema.

-Exit X'yrin-

453 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread