pick up the pieces
[html]

OOC: Yay, thanks for joining me!
WC: 287 again!

Colibri flicked her ears back, catching a faint strain of melody. Someone was singing nearby. She was not alone. She tensed up, hair rising along the curve of her spine, and tried to fight the wave of panic that crashed over her. Singing was not threatening, and whoever it was obviously didn't see her yet, so she had seconds to prepare. She was in no shape to flee, especially not up the steep slope, so she sank into a crouch. Perhaps she could startle the interloper with a quick pounce, then make her getaway down the mountainside while he was incapacitated...

Then she caught sight of bobbing ears, followed by a shock of scruffy dark hair, followed by a friendly male face. He was scaling the hillside to approach her. Coli tightened her jaw, determined not to drop her guard despite his disarming expression. She took a few steps back as he drew level with her, internally wincing as she saw how much bigger and fitter he was. She could easily be overpowered by the full grown male, and her anxious fingers strayed to the fur pouch she wore around her neck.

"I'm fine," she replied sharply as he inquired. Of course she must look a mess, she hadn't even taken the time to clean her wounds or groom her fur. Her cold blue eyes darted to the leather belt and pack he wore -- was he some kind of hunter? He didn't carry the scent of a pack, but rather that of trees, riverwater, charcoal. "I don't need help, so you can just be on your way. Unless... you have any food on you," she muttered as an afterthought, ears flattened against her skull with mistrust.

Table by Shannon!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread