homecoming
[html]

(402) I SWEAR WE ARE GOING TO GET INTO A BITCHSLAPPING FIGHT IF THIS RUDENESS CONTINUES. DEM'S FIGHTING WORDS. PUT UP YER DUKES. Srsly though I don't mind delays at all, I'm just happy to be a'threading you agaiiin. ♥face

Eris is by me!

The farthest she'd gone from home was Eterne, the rock city buried in the vast desert, across the tall plateaus and nestled into a wild tangle of forest. The forests there were closer cousins to the jungles and rainforests than the broadleaf and conifer forests here, their overhead growth pressing down and blotting out the sun but for the sparsest patches of light. Eris had loved the scenery, but the climate had nearly killed her -- one such as herself, dark-furred and with a thick pelt, was not meant to live in such a hot place. These two seemed as if they were from somewhere beyond the seas, someplace as different and strange as Eterne, but in other ways. Renato called the land beautiful, and Eris smiled, nodding her agreement.

As the man continued to speak, the hybrid's interest grew -- the pale one's home was on this continent, then? Her surprise was apparent on her face in lifted brows and a smile that seemed faintly stunned. Phoenix Valley was a place she knew of -- they had been neighbors when she dwelled in Anathema and Inferni both. The dark-furred woman had never paid all that much attention to Phoenix Valley, however, and what she knew now was gleaned from bits and pieces along the wind -- conjecture and speculation rather than hard fact.

I knew Phoenix Valley, but they are no more, the hybrid said, gently enough. This gentleness was offered to the pale woman, for Renato had not even known the place's name -- it was apparent to Eris he bore little connection to the old pack, though she supposed he might just be one carefree or young enough to have forgotten. If the whispers of the world are true, Razekiel Lykoi took the pack from its old leader. He combined forces with Dahlia de Mai and went north. They became Ichika no Ho-en... but I don't think you'll find much of your Valley there, these days, she said, darkly, waving a hand toward the mountain. She would not delve into the details of this pack's interaction with Salsola, of course -- doing so would reveal her own connection to Salsola -- but she could offer that much, at least.

I'm sorry to give such news, my friends Renato and Lucia, she added, frowning. Your accent says you have come a long way to know this.

<style>
#erisSie2 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisSie2 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisSie2 p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisSie2 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisSie2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread