End of the Road.[j]
There was something so heartfelt and honest about the words of children that Caspa appreciated. She did not acknowledge them today though, feeling that perhaps their confessions might be a little painful - especially for the parents, whose indecision or feelings of helplessness they would not wish to parade too much in public. Still, Caspa was nothing if not discreet and if there was anybody they might gain from confiding in, she could at least offer the utmost confidentiality.

She waited patiently as they thanked her, sure that they must know that Vigilante would have done the same. A returning member - a vulnerable family with nowhere to go - and a personal friend. The judgement had been easy, and for that she almost wanted to thank the Russo clan in return. So her words were as gracious as theirs: "It is always good to greet new faces and I think it remarkable good fortune to find so many arriving at once." Mars had already considered their next move, it seemed, for there was no conference between them as he informed her that Lunenburg would likely be their destination. She nodded and then tipped her head as his voice became more inquiring: asking about her own length of residence. "A year or so," she gave a small smile to Krystalle, "I remember meeting you in the woods not long after I arrived here. Oh, that winter was harsh," she murmured, although it had been almost over by the time of their encounter. "Ask away, I will do all I can," she added in response to his final request.

Messages In This Thread