classically devoted
[html]
D: D: D: ilu <3

The girl had no clue what he was talking about. That became clear very quickly. Denver had thought word would have traveled quickly enough, but then again, Salsola did like to keep their secrets. But from each other? She's new here, he reminded himself. He doubted they would trust one they knew little of. The mutt quit his balking and cleared his throat. "Yeah, you could say that. A coupla us tried to sneak into that hippie pack up north..." he started, turning back to stare at the llamas darkly. "We were just gunna take some 'o their animals. Like these. But Maggie fell, and..." he choked on the words; the wound was still fresh. "I didn't realize 'till it was too late, and they got 'er..." The Confidant felt like me might retch, so he grabbed at the fence post, leaning over to stare at the piles of llama shit on the ground. I should've gone back, he thought wearily, rubbing a bit of slaver from the corner of his mouth. He took some breaths to steady his stomach and turned to the bale blonde girl beside him. "Sorry," he grunted. She probably doesn't even know Maggie. "Sirius'll get 'er back." He had to; if the Boss wouldn't, then Denver would risk his life trying to do it himself.

<style type="text/css">
.detou b {font-weight:bold; color:#d7b688; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1a1206; }
.detou p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.detou {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#624838; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/remzC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b28c7f; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.detou p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.detou p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread