I Dreamed a Dream
[html]

I wrote tooooo muuuuch.
Also some pp in assuming Hotaru stops growling/snapping at the cougar.

Levent loped through the woodlands as if cantering across a cloud, enjoying the feel of the wind gusting through his fur. The cloth normally tied around his hair flapped at his ankle instead as four paws touched the earth instead of two. He fell into the rhythm of movement easily, despite his comfort in an upright shape. The forest was wild, and the creatures were wild, and the wolf could afford to be wild too.

He was dragged out of his daydreaming by a sharp nip at his ankle. Lips curled back over pearly fangs as he whirled around, a low “ruff” escaping his throat. The white blur darted around him, and paws clubbed his flank. He turned, missed biting a long lashing tail, and yelped as something landed on his head. The wolf threw himself down onto the grass, rolling, and was rewarded by a yowl of indignity. He continued to roll and landed on all fours, his forelegs splayed and his butt up in the air in a playful bow as he sneered at the white housecat.

“You’re a cheat!” Wilson growled, standing and shaking dirt from his coat.

The wolf rolled his eyes and gave him another rough nudge with his muzzle, nearly knocking the feline over. “Aşkta ve savaşta kurallar yoktur,” Levent retorted, and translated, “All’s fair in love and war.” He proceeded to lift his brows and grin, which caused the cat to snort and slink grumpily away. “Oh, come on, Wils!” He crawled forward on his belly, black-tipped tail wagging lazily behind him. “I didn’t hurt you, did I?” He rested his chin in the grass, blizzard blue eyes looking sadly up at his companion.

Wilson turned his back coldly on the wolf, who whimpered and continued to crawl forward like a guilty puppy. As soon as he came close enough, however, the cat’s paw shot out and smacked Levent on the nose. Lanet olsun! he yelped, recoiling, then growled loudly and began to sprint after the chuckling cat.

The brown canine managed to catch Wilson’s scruff in his jaws just before the cat reached a tree for safety. He tripped, twisting his body so he wouldn’t crush the cat when he fell, letting out a loud “oof!” as he hit the ground. He snorted dirt and leaves from his muzzle then smirked when he heard a loud purr near his ear. He turned, nose-to-nose with the cat, and was about to make a wry remark when the distinct cry of a mountain lion reached his ears. Immediately, he was on all fours and bristling. Both males gazed in the direction of the sound, and while Wilson flattened his ears and shook his head, Levent charged in that direction regardless.

Sure enough, the musk grew stronger, and the cougar at least came into sight. It was circling warily around a bulky timber shape—a secui wolf—and looked none too pleased. When the canine female lunged, it whisked out of the way and growled crossly, stepping back and lifting a taloned paw.

“Heyyy,” Levent called with nonchalance that did not befit the tense situation. He leaped up onto the stump of a felled maple, ignoring the sweet scent in the air. Wilson hopped up beside him but bristled. “Leave the lady alone, will ya?”

The cougar fixed him with cold stone-colored eyes then glanced at the cat in disbelief. It stepped away from the secui wolf, hissing once at her to deter her from moving, and Lev swallowed his unease. When the large tawny cat seemed to decide that the newcomer wasn’t going to blindly attack it, it replied in a growly high speech.

“Self-righteous wolves. One feels threatened and makes some noise, and I am blamed for punishing such insolence. You see she does not bleed.”

The wolf smiled. “No, she doesn’t, and you aren’t either. Can I convince you to leave her alone anyway, efendim?” He doubted the Turkish word’s meaning would carry across, but the respect with which he spoke transcended species and language. “You’re tolerant for a feline, I can give you that,” he added. “Wilson here won’t put up with me pulling a dirty trick when we’re wrestling on the ground like kittens.”

The cougar narrowed its eyes then lashed its tail, glancing at the she-wolf then slinking toward Levent and Wilson. The white tom hunkered down low, bristling at his giant cousin, and the mountain cat snorted. It threw Levent a disdainful look. “Teach the fool she-wolf not to thunder through the forest like a blind moose calf,” it growled, and vanished north out of the cluster of Sugarwoods.

Once its tawny body faded from view, Levent heaved a loud sigh and uncoiled tensed muscles at last. He leaped down off the trunk and padded up to the stranger, smiling at her and giving her a nudge with his nose. “You okay, sevgili?”

<style type="text/css">
.razehiss b {font-weight:bold; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss t {font-style:italic; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razehiss w {font-weight:bold; color:#fffaf0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.razehiss {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#c6c2ba; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LBXBc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#53514d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread