I Dreamed a Dream
[html]

I love Hotaru!

The timber wolf was apparently not pleased by the interruption, but thankfully her growled retorts went unheeded by the great tawny cat. Felines were very good at ignoring words for the sake of pride and dignity, Levent had noted over the years, and he might have snickered at this perfect example had the situation not been so tense. He was only grateful for the respect the cougar unwittingly showed in listening to him at all; from its earlier violence, it seemed used to doing battle with canines rather than talking to them. It was a shame, really—for though he’d seen predator and prey communicate through low speech and forge a bond, intelligent predators continued to war with each other.

Not very much unlike luperci, the man thought, and smiled.

The smile did not dance for very long on his dark-ticked muzzle as the female jerked under his touch and whirled to berate him. His ears lay back against his skull even as he heard his own feline companion chuckle, and he snorted with his tail straight out as he watched her prowl away with disbelief. “I was just being courteous!” he protested honestly; he’d had no motive other than to keep an unnecessary fight from breaking out. That wasn’t usually the case, but she had no way of knowing that.

He was considering whether or not to trail after her obnoxiously when she bumped face-first into a tree, recoiling loudly then curling into a hunched ball. His ears pricked again, and he darted over to her with confusion written across his handsome features. Tanrı korusun! Are you all right?” He tried to grin, to interject humor as he hovered an uncertain and awkward distance from her jaws. “You survive a meeting with a lion and let a maple overtake you?” he joked, his tongue peeking out from between his fangs.

<style type="text/css">
.razehiss b {font-weight:bold; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss t {font-style:italic; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razehiss w {font-weight:bold; color:#fffaf0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.razehiss {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#c6c2ba; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LBXBc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#53514d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread