I Dreamed a Dream
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Hotaru {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#0a175c; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Hotaru b{color:#e48303; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

Hotaru
Sometimes the light that guides us along our paths, is not something that we can see, but something deep inside of us.

The loner's next words came out in an angry growl. Hotaru had hit a nerve, badly. This little piece of knowledge actually did make her feel bad and pangs of guilt rose up in her chest. He was trying to help and she was pushing him away. Finally, the last of her anger subsided and she stared down into a black void. Her ears dipped even further and she visibly flinched as his harshly spit out the word 'sweetheart.' One of her ears flicked up as he moved around her and snorted. She had really hit a nerve. Hotaru closed her unseeing amber eyes and readied herself mentally for his next rebuke.

Rather than an angry rant or cold rebuke, the stranger introduced himself. Without opening her eyes, Hotaru moved her head as she listened to his chipper voice. The transition between angry and happy was way to quick for comfort and suspicion clouded her mind. In fact, he even went so far as to introduce the all too amused cat. Hotaru snorted when the cat was introduced, its amusement not at all endearing. The cat had been snickering and purring away the entire time. The blind wolf didn't even try to guess as to what had amused the creature, she just hated its superior demeanor.

Levent's speech was fairly shocking. He was trying to protect the cougar? Hotaru's head shot up and a puzzled look crossed her face. He was definably an odd one, that she was sure of. Red-grey ears twitched at the sound of his teasing tone, but she her anger had subsided. Instead she sighed a little before speaking. "I apologize for my behavior. I don't seem to be myself today." She wasn't giving an excuse, she was giving an explanation. The grey wolf knew that there was no excuse for her behavior and she vowed to try to keep her anger in check next time. "I...I thank you for your intervention."

Wordcount :: +326

template by revo. <3 - Table and code modifications by Alex
[/html]

Messages In This Thread