I Dreamed a Dream
[html]

The loner hated resorting to anger to make others change their attitudes. He was good at and comfortable with using compliments and schmoozing and wheedling to get someone to alter their behavior in a way that benefitted him, and he’d dropped a sob story here and there in the past, but anger was rarely a part of the blue-eyed male. Even if he did feel it, he normally hid it—but it seemed to do the trick this time, as the timber she-wolf lowered her ears submissively and recoiled at his sharpness.

Relief flooded him as he picked right back up where he left off on the friendliness bit, as the woman looked curious rather than demeaning. He knew it was strange that a luperci would ever think of a mountain lion as an intelligent being at all, let alone one to be protected from unnecessary violence, but that was just the flawed attitude of this region. She finally sighed and apologized, at which point he softened again.

“Seni affediyorum,” Levent said, and translated gently, “I forgive you.” He smiled then confessed with a one-shouldered shrug, “I know I can be quite annoying anyway, so I guess I should apologize too. But really, I’m glad that you’re safe.” His blue eyes flitted over her form when he thought she wasn’t looking at him—of course unaware that she wasn’t capable at all of seeing what he was doing. “Though maybe that’s selfishness on my part,” he added in a low and changed voice. “I hate seeing beautiful wolves hurt as much as snarly old lion-cats.”

The near-constant purr stopped.

<style type="text/css">
.razehiss b {font-weight:bold; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss t {font-style:italic; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razehiss w {font-weight:bold; color:#fffaf0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.razehiss {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#c6c2ba; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LBXBc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#53514d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread