I Dreamed a Dream
[html]

He expected her to spit at him, to collect her pride and march off, but instead Hotaru lowered her ears and spoke almost reluctantly. His ears stood up in surprise as his tail swayed uncertainly at his hocks, and he nodded in understanding at her urge to leave trouble behind. “Maybe next time?” he quipped optimistically, a laugh in his voice.

Like the sunlight breaking through the clouds, a smile transformed her fine grey and tawny features. His tail wagged harder, and he nodded again as she mentioned her pack. “I think I’ve heard of it,” he said, glancing over to the tomcat for confirmation. Wilson lowered his ears, and he frowned. Yes, Bambi had lived there—Bambi who grieved for her feline mother. That day had been more emotionally taxing than he was used to, and he still had residual nightmares from the event.

“Well, I guess you can smack me if I start veering off course,” Levent joked lightly. Had they been in optime form, he would have merrily offered her his arm as they walked along, but now he only brushed her shoulder with his nose and started to pad in that direction, the cat trotting after them at a sullen distance.

<style type="text/css">
.razehiss b {font-weight:bold; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss t {font-style:italic; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razehiss w {font-weight:bold; color:#fffaf0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.razehiss {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#c6c2ba; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LBXBc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#53514d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread