Until their dying days
[html]
<style type="text/css">.sophie b {color:#13b4d7;} .sophie i {color:#007bd1;} .sophie i2 {color:#134fd7;} .sophie .ooc {font-style:italic;color:#005189;text-align:right;}.sophie .separator{width:315px; border-bottom:1px dotted #31d1c8; margin:0px auto;}</style>
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5530 ... b2copy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Word Count → 447 :: OOC here!

Hamza eyed the wolf's bloody maw as it turned its attention to him, backing away warily. The two young ones were quick to steal the hunter's attention, though, and he managed to back away to a safe distance, tossing his head and pawing at the ground as though to prepare for another battle. Boothe ignored him as the attention turned to X'yrin's amazing feat, and he nodded eagerly, his tail wagging. Sophie grinned right along with him, but the pain of her new wounds very quickly pulled her attention away. X'yrin padded over, and at her words Sophie shook her head, her eyes watering with tears. X'y assured her she would be fine, and feel better soon, but Sophie couldn't quite make herself believe that; she looked on doubtfully as the golden woman began licking at her wounds gently, and it did hurt, but it seemed...right, somehow.

Boothe, getting the idea, shimmied around behind his sister and began cleaning the shallow scratches between her shoulder blades. Sophie began feeling a bit better as she was cleaned, and finally took the time to look at herself. She looked...odd. Not as she usually did; her legs were long, and her paws had changed. She clenched her new hands curiously, just to see what they could do, and then blinked at them, somewhat surprised. She looked like Leon did; and Trigger, when he'd changed. It was an amazing difference, and as Boothe finished cleaning her back, licking his jaws to clean the taste away, she twisted around to look at him, holding out her hand-paws. "Lookit, Boothe! I did it!" Boothe grinned back at her, his tail waving happily, and leaned over to lick her cheek. "You did great, Soph!" He nuzzled her, and looked down at her belly worriedly. "Dunno if y'should test it out, though...that looks painful." Sophie touched her wounds, and then twisted her mouth a bit in a grimace. "Not really! I can still ride Hamza, right?" She wasn't stupid enough to think she could walk, but if she could get up on Hamza, they could keep moving, she thought.

Boothe looked at her doubtfully, and then turned to X'yrin, pressing his ears back. "What d'you think?" He asked, and jerked his head toward the canvas-covered Hamza. "Could we keep movin' if she rode him...?" X'yrin seemed rather tired out from the fight, and Boothe noticed a few scratches on her neck and shoulder. He was concerned for their savior, almost as much as he was for his sister, but the whole point of running away was to keep running, and they were too close to Leon still for his tastes.

Sophie speaks Boothe Speaks

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread