Journey's End?
The idea of a walk was thrilling, and Alduin nearly sprung to his feet as Naniko told him to follow. Instead, he struggled for a moment, and loosed a huff of disapproval. His legs would not work no matter how badly his mind begged and pleaded. The Alaskan creature let his head drop in defeat, but kept his eyes loosely fixed on the leader. Her face was painted with thought. He could tell she had many questions, and not just by the words that passed those deadly teeth of hers.

Alduin’s mind raced now. Her expressions and her words became his motivation. Knowledge lay ahead, and he would not lie helpless while it walked away from him. He muscled through the pain standing brought him and slowly found himself able to stand on all four feet again. A growl rumbled in his throat as the sharp pricks of pain coursed through his beaten body. Immediately, he bowed his head in apology.

I do not mean any ill will toward you, Miz D’Angelo. If you’ll excuse that, please. It has been a long journey,” he requested as humbly as he could manage.

He glanced behind him, sighed, and carried on to make his way next to but slightly behind his new acquaintance. He listened to her questions, took a moment to digest what was said, then spoke.

I am born of the Alaskan tundra, to my late mother and late father, Amelia and Voltaire, respectively. I would not pretend that I left because it was my time to do so,” he said with a cringe. “However, I would like to leave it at that for now.

He smiled apologetically, knowing the she-wolf would have liked to know more. Although he did not grow up in a pack, he was certain that wolves in a position of leadership did not like talking to someone they knew nothing about.

Perhaps later, though, my Lady. It is a recent wound that yet bleeds,” he stated, almost laughing at how almost literal the metaphor was. “Ah, but what I wish to know is not of your pack, ma’am. I would prefer, if you do not mind, to know about you. Ah..hmm..you see, while I am interested in your family as a whole, I find that the tales of the individual tend to tickle my fancy a bit more.

Alduin’s grin widened. He probably sounded foolish, but so be it. He couldn’t resist a good story.

So, if you are willing, I would like to hear the legend of Naniko D’Angelo—even if it is the smallest tidbit of a tale.

Messages In This Thread