Journey's End?
[html]

Slight PP of them getting close to the caves. Feel free to have them walk inside and go toward the food storage - here is a cave map :3 Sorry for the long post!

The female turned back to watch him struggle, a frown gracing her features. Was there something wrong with the way that his body worked? Perhaps he had some sort of illness or ailment that made walking difficult. One of her distant cousins, a loner named Wretch, had broken her leg a few times throughout her life and had issues with walking long distances, she remembered. Perhaps this was a similar situation. Her curiosity on the matter was soon satisfied as he explained that it had been a long journey. This she could understand. She waited for him to make it to his feet, watching encouragingly. If he was really that exhausted, it was a wonder that he was willing to go walk with her at all. She carried no food on her today, though, and he'd have to walk to be able to get back to the caves with her.

Naniko did not expect him to tell her his life story without something of equal value in return. He hadn't offered much information but what he did was important to her. Anathema took in all sorts of lost souls with a variety of different backgrounds. She did directly seek to recruit canines who had no other place to go or who weren't welcomed in other packs so that she could give them a fresh start and help them learn how to function in a pack. Her rules weren't strict, but punishments were harsh and that seemed to keep the would-be vagabonds in line. Violence and inter-pack abuse was not welcomed, but nearly anything else was.

She would ask no more about his past, for the time being. If he chose to stuck around she'd likely prod him about it in the future, but only if she were willing to share the same sort of things about herself. There were still a few instances from her past that burned in her heart when she thought about them....the day that her parents had abandoned her, the day that her adopted mother had turned on her and attacked...and then her exile from Crimson Dreams. Each of those had left a sore spot, and she hadn't spoken about any of those instances with another canine since her father had passed on nearly four years prior.

The Angela kept to a slower pace, not wanting to push his body any further than she needed to. She was in no rush and wanted to have the time to discuss things with him that he wanted to know. They could talk more once they got back to Howling Caverns, as well..after he'd been fed. "I'm nearly six years old, boy...nothing about my history is short" She fell silent for a few moments before beginning to speak once more. "I was born to two fathers, Roman D'Angelo and Physe Revlis. Physe raised me for a few months before I...moved to a different pack, one known as Clouded Tears. I lived there for a year or so and was nearly up to a leadership rank when the fires came, forcing me and the rest of the pack over Halcyon, this very mountain. I established a pack with a few family and friends, one that ended up disbanding and reforming.

She looked back to him to be sure he was still following before continuing. "My leadership there was revoked and I left to search for family and friends of mine that had gone a different direction when the fires had come and discovered many other D'Angelos living on the other side of the mountain. Then I chose to form Anathema, a pack where any and all canines are welcomed so long as they keep peace within our borders and don't bring war to my front door. I've lived, loved, and lost...as anyone else has. I have children, a few of which live here and in other packs in the area." She said. She'd had four living litters over her lifetime...Caprica, Rio, Scorpius, and her three young sons were the lifeblood of Anathema. She wasn't certain what else he wanted to know...but she could dive in a little deeper. "We're nearly there."

<style>
.James-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.James-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.James-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#be8e77; text-shadow:#dcdcdc 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.James-K-01 {background-color:#f9f8f6; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:460px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8578/jam11.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 147px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .James-K-01-border {width:462px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread