Journey's End?
ooc; No worries on the PP and long post! I enjoy a good read n.n

ic;
Alduin was careful to remain behind Naniko as they traveled. He was far too afraid of getting nipped if he said the wrong thing at the wrong time. His mother would do that when he was younger. The thought brought a smile to his lips, but it faded as darker memories clouded his mind. Despite the distraction of the past, he listened intently, absorbing every detail into memory. She was rather accomplished for her age, it seemed. It didn’t take long for Alduin to decide she was destined for more.

As the Angela came to the end of her tale, the male’s ear flickered wildly at the word ‘love’. He understood its meaning, but only in the way that a child could love its parents. His paws hesitated as he meditated on the word, freezing him in place for a fraction of a second before he regained consciousness and continued on. It was something he would have to think about later.

However, ‘lost’ Alduin understood now and in its entirety. His heart sunk, and there was a war waged within himself to keep his anguish from being vocalized. He was convinced this woman had gone through much more in her six years than he had in his one and change. Certainly she did not want to hear the whining of a young adult, so he bit his cheek instead. It was enough for now.

Your life has been nothing short of amazing, madam. Tragic as it may seem at some points, it looks as if you’ve made it work in your favor,” he said sweetly. He somewhat regretted the words as they left his lips. Surely someone like Naniko did not need to be told she did well for herself. However, it seemed the polite thing to say after such a tale.

It wasn’t until after he’d open his mouth that he noticed they had wandered quite far into a massive cave. Having been enthralled by the Angela’s story, Alduin failed to realize where his legs were taking him; and, although by the side of the pack’s leader, he felt as if he were trespassing on sacred ground. Fear and anxiety washed over him as he pressed on, taking a few steps to his right to be closer to Naniko. It was habit, really. She was a she, and Alduin felt compelled to stand closer to a mother figure in these strange lands.

I b-beg your pardon, Miz D-D’Angelo,” he stuttered quietly. “I did not mean to invade your home… If you will exc-…

He stopped mid-step, mouth agape. The scent of fresh rations flooded his nostrils, inviting him to dine upon them until his belly stretched beyond its limits. Had he been able to, he would have found himself drooling. His nose pointed in the direction of the delectable smells, his eyes staring off in the distance. He craved it—all of it. However, it was not his to take, and his lips turned to a frown as reality set in. He would not be welcome to the food. Understandably so, though. He did not hunt it. He did not prepare it. He would not eat it. So, he turned to Naniko and bowed his head in shame.

My deepest and sincerest of apologies, ma’am. It seems I have fallen out of countenance, and forgotten my place.

Messages In This Thread