Journey's End?
ooc; Hope you don't mind me having them walk to the dining area. If needed, I can edit it to say otherwise =)

ic;

Alduin acknowledged Naniko’s words, smiling weakly in response. The thought of becoming a friend to someone so accomplished humbled him greatly, and he was thankful for the thought of it. But in a moment of greed, though, he found himself hoping that she might extend an invitation to live in Anathema. While he missed the comfort and familiarity of his parents’ home, he knew that he could not go back. The only thing that waited for him there was sorrow and agony. Oh, but how he wished he could return! The feeling of his warm bed, a belly full of mother’s sweet cooking, and the knowledge that his parents would be there in the morning was the greatest feeling he could ever imagine. Ah, but what a crybaby I’m turning out to be, he thought.

So he continued on, eventually finding Naniko and himself standing before the entrance to the storage room. He could do little more than stand frozen on the spot, eyes wide and stomach growling audibly as he looked upon the pack’s stores. He felt terrible to delving into something he hadn’t worked for, but Naniko’s offer was too good for him to pass up. He would only take what he needed to bring him his strength back, though, and nothing more. Before diving in, he turned to Naniko and lowered himself into the deepest bow he could fathom in his un-shifted form.

Madam, words will not suffice for expressing how appreciative I am right now. I swear to you, I will replenish your wares by two fold what I take when my strength finds me again,” he said respectfully.

Alduin rose up and took his pick of a medium sized slab of elk into his mouth. As rude as he felt taking the meat into his mouth, he could do no better since he couldn’t shift. He did his best to apologize through his eyes when he turned back to the Angela. Looking around, he figured the food storage area was not the appropriate place to dig in, so he slowly made his way toward the larger room they had passed on the way in here. Eventually, he found a place in what seemed to be a dining facility and settled down for a quick bite. Before speaking, he took the liberty of tearing off a large chunk of the raw elk, taking time to chew slowly and savoring every bit of the meat. Yes, it was uncooked, but he would much rather deal with a full sour stomach than an empty stomach any day. He swallowed, and sighed happily.

I was not headed anywhere in particular. I just ran. Had to get away from things. I do not know what lies beyond your lands, and to be honest, I was not counting on making it any further. I thought I would surely perish at your borders.

He took another bite of the elk, contemplating his words and thanking his lucky stars Naniko had found him before death swept him away.

Messages In This Thread