Journey's End?
ooc; Oh that's ok! I've been down the sickness of the season and haven't been able to do much, so it was a nice break n.n

ic;
Alduin returned Judas’ smile as warmly as he could muster while he chewed his last bit of elk. He seemed kind, as did all the wolves that passed before them. He greeted them all with a gentle smile and wagging tail, even if they weren’t paying any heed to him. Had his mouth not been so occupied with the slab of elk, he would have addressed each individually. The sight of so many wolves in one place made him somewhat uneasy, but they didn’t seem to mean him any harm. It probably helped that he was next to their leader, too. Had they shown even the slightest bit of disapproval, however, he would have stopped eating and left immediately. He didn’t want to be unwelcomed, even if the Angela invited him.

So he followed them with his eyes until they were out of sight, watching for any sign of anger for him. He found none, and couldn’t help but perk up excitedly. It seemed that not all wolves were full of hate and distrust for strangers. This he could get used to.

Your family seems lovely, Miz D’Angelo. Were it capable, my fur would turn green with envy!” He chuckled lightly at the thought. A green wolf. What nonsense!

Her next words took him by surprise, and stopped his chuckling dead in its tracks. Was she truly allowing him to make his home here? He had nowhere else to go, and he wasn’t up to wandering any further than he had. Anathema seemed as good a place as any to make his new life, so why not? In a sudden burst of joy, Alduin sprung to his feet with a yelp. The tundra wolf ran circles around himself, giggling like a love-struck pup despite how his tired body pleaded for him to stop.

Why, yes! Yes, ma’am! I would very much like to make my stay as permanent as possible!

He finally slowed his circling to sit himself down. He panted heavily, catching his breath as quickly as he could before he bowed his head to the pack leader. A smile that yet danced on his lips was the only sign left of his childish outburst.

Forgive me, madam. I have presented thanks in a terribly inappropriate manner,” he said, whimpering softly in apology. “I was not raised in a pack, so I know not what is considered the correct form of expressing gratitude.

Oh wait. There was that.

Except a hug. I could hug you, if you wish.

He wasn’t sure if that was considered rude or not, but between his parents and himself, a good, heartfelt hug was the greatest form of thanks they could give. So he tilted his head to the side and wagged his tail furiously as he waited anxiously for Naniko’s answer.

Messages In This Thread