Journey's End?
[html]

Her son was not normally so pleasant toward outsiders, but if the canine was with his mother then he would be as friendly as possible. Each of the now-grown children were constantly fighting to gain their mother's attention so that she would be pleased with them and give them things that they wanted or needed. "We're all about family here, Alduin. Being a member of Anathema means that you will have help should you require it, a place to live, and pack members to rely upon for protection and food. Those were the main reasons that any given canine would join. "Each member makes it their own...it is their choice whether to sit at the Zepar rank their entire stay or put in the time and effort to rise in the ranks"

The male certainly seemed excited at the prospect of joining, and she looked at him curiously. Cave life was not for everyone (though canines had the option of living elsewhere) and Anathema wasn't for everyone. One really had to watch their attitude and the respect that they gave to other canines here...or face the consequences of that, at times. It depended upon the wolf, but Naniko would back any canine who told her that they were not being shown respect by a lower ranked pack member. Those who had risen up through the ranks had gained her respect and her ear when it came to complaints and punishments. "Before you get too excited, we do have a process for joining...a ceremony, if you would. The Rite of Agares. I would take my ceremonial dagger and make a small cut on your front paw...hand...whatever. And then make one on my own hand and join them, combining our blood. It would make you a part of our blood family here." She paused. "If you choose, hold your paw out to me. And after the ceremony a hug would certainly be acceptable, Son."

<style>
.James-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.James-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.James-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#be8e77; text-shadow:#dcdcdc 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.James-K-01 {background-color:#f9f8f6; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:460px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8578/jam11.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 147px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .James-K-01-border {width:462px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread