down to the river
Zana tried not to be unpleasant but there was one tiny part of her that hated herself for not knowing if she truly belonged to the Lykois, or if she was just a beast living off a name with not blood connections at all. She flit her ears back slightly as the younger woman spoke. The tiny beast pulled one last crawfish from the waters and flicked it into the basket. She hauled herself from the cold waters and joined the other on the bank with the basket in tow. Grey lilac eyes turned towards her relative as she agreed. "I hope oneday to be more of a Lykoi than just a name.. but it's more complicated than that.." She rubbed a finger along her wet wrist as she sighed.

Her eyes darkened slightly as her new found relative and clansmate found the subject that was hard for Zana to touch base with. She shrugged her shoulders slightly and admitted. "I Don't. I'm not a true Lykoi. I don't know anymore about myself than my mother's line and the name she gave me." She looked off into the distance for a moment with a frown pressed to her lips. "I came here looking for answers.. but all I found was dust and silence." She knew she was being unfair. She had found more of a family than her mother had ever given her.. but one hole in her life had never been filled and though Ezekiel had been more than willing to accept her for who she was.. she hadn't found a balance inside herself yet to believe in.

The tiny woman turned to the stranger once more with a slight grumble of her belly and asked. "Shall we make a tasty treat for ourselves.. or supply the stores with more smoked meats?" She knew smoking the crawfish was probably more work than it ever needed to be and eating them between the two seemed more logical.. but she would let Sepirah decide.

Messages In This Thread