A Lone Wolfdog in a Sea of Luperci
[html]

Myrika is by Kiri!

As the canine's pale eyes settled on her and seemed to appraise her, Myrika's nervousness swelled. She averted her own eyes and looked away a moment, only to glance back toward Ibycus as he began speaking, dread welling within her. She knew she ought not to have shared such memories with a virtual stranger -- although, perhaps it was his status as non-coyote stranger (and therefore unlikely to make his way toward Inferni) which made her so generous with such secrets.

To her surprise, however, he spoke of the correctness of her ears, and even shared his own "shortcomings" of ear type and size. She gawked at him in near disbelief, the faintest hint of a smile playing on her muzzle, and then laughed, looking toward the ground almost abashedly. But your ears are the right size and shape for you, too, she said, shaking her head to rid herself of the grin. I don't know if it was the books so much as I was just weird. Maybe, she said, shrugging. There's an old library in the city -- a lot of the books are damaged and I'm sure there have been looters over the years... since I've taken some myself, she admitted, grinning. But maybe there are still a few worthwhile books in there.

Maybe, she countered, pondering. Some of the books talk about human society pretty harshly. Or, at least, they seem to. It's hard to tell, sometimes, whether the author was making a statement or if it was just the character's thinking. Perhaps many simply accepted things as they were, but she was sure some humans had to realize what a backwards way of thinking and acting they'd forced themselves into.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread