Birds First
[html]

Where I got the story-Video

Word Count → 770

The young mother smiled as she watched Dalgina's happy face fill with wonder. Her small tail thumped happily against the deer fur and her bright smile lit up the dark den. The young puppy had accepted the older wolf's explanation of the seasons and they both sat quietly for a few moments. A small paw pressed against her side and the blues gazed at her bulging body. The silence didn't last and soon Dalgian's questions swarmed Kiara. "Well, I can't say for certain but I'm sure they will be ready in a few weeks. They are getting bigger so it wont be long now."

Kiara couldn't help but tilt her head in thought at Dalgina's second question. She didn't know if the puppies could hear her. She doubted it. Puppies were born blind and deaf, so it would make sense if they couldn't hear while they resided in her womb. However, it was simply a guess so Kiara shook her head. "I don't know if they can hear us, but I can tell you story." Teeth flashed as memories of her own puppy-hood flooded her mind. She knew so many stories. Both her mother and father had told her lots of stories, although Kiara liked the ones her father told her a lot better then the ones her mother recited. The arctic wolf dug through her mind as she sifted out her favorite stories. There were some about wolves, some about man, and some that were the stuff of imagination. The puppy sitter figured that Dalgina would like the last category best.

"Alright, listen closely because this story takes place a long time ago. Back when there was only one of every animal and man was still alive. Back when everyone spoke the same language and it was easy to understand one another. This is the story of how Raven stole the Moon. Raven was a lot like they are today. He was a large and intelligent bird with a very bad habit. Raven was a trickster and he loved to steal shiny things. And every night, Raven would sit on the top of his tree and he would admire the shiniest object of them all, the Moon. One night, Raven flew to the tallest tree on top of the tallest mountain. He sat and waited for the Sun to set and for the Moon to rise.

"When the Moon passed closed to Raven, he reached out and grabbed the Moon in his beak. Raven was so happy that he decided to go show his friend Wolf what he had done. Raven flew off into the forest in search of Wolf and he used the Moon to light his way. It didn't take long for Raven to find his friend and soon Raven was bragging to Wolf about what he had done. At first Wolf was surprised, but soon she grew angry. 'Put the Moon back Raven,' she growled. 'It doesn't belong too you.' But Raven refused and that made Wolf even angrier. Wolf lunged forward and tried to grab the Moon, but Raven flew off before she could take it.

"In order to escape Wolf, Raven flew over the ocean where he knew Wolf could not follow. But the light of the Moon attracted Killer Whale who came to the surface to see what was going on. When Whale saw the Moon in Raven's beak, he too grew angry and tried to take the Moon from Raven. He launched himself out of the water and lunged at Raven, but Raven was too quick and managed to get away. By this point in time Raven was tired and he flew back to the mountain where he had stolen the Moon. Raven dropped the Moon on the ground and looked at it. It was so troublesome for him to carry the Moon around, everyone kept attacking him. But Raven didn't want to put the Moon back. It was so shiny and he had worked so hard to steal it.

"'So, it was you all along.' said a voice from above. Surprised Raven looked up into the trees and saw Eagle. Again Eagle spoke, 'Only you would dare to steal the Moon. Come up here and sit by me.' Curious, Raven flew up into the trees to join Eagle. The wise Eagle leaned close to Raven and said quietly, 'If you put the Moon back, you can steal it again another night.' Raven was so excited by the idea that he quickly agreed to put the moon back. Now, if you ever see the moon disappear, you know who the culprit is."

<style type="text/css">
.ikuseiara b {font-weight:bold; color:#defff2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1f191b 0px 0px 1px;}
.ikuseiara p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 45px; margin:0px;}
.ikuseiara {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#979a86; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/I8xRB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 365px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1f191b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.ikuseiara .wordcount {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.ikuseiara .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread