[aw] may god have mercy
[html]

(391)
No problem. <3

Ithiel is by me!

The dusky coyote was always sure-footed, and much of this came from his faith. Each step he took was predetermined, destined by his higher power -- there was no deviating from one's path, or so Ithiel thought. As far as he saw, he had done nothing to damn his soul and deny him the light of his Lord; he was therefore walking the righteous path. He knew, however, that things might change -- it might well be in the greater plan for him to wander a path of darkness, uncertain of his way forward. No matter the plan or end, he was bound to it, helpless but to walk the footprints marked into the earth and time itself, eons before his birth.

The woman was quiet following his offer, and though she acknowledged it, she made no move forward. Instead, the woman at first complimented his prowess as a scout. This made the dark man's hackles rise silently; he did not understand why she would compliment him, not until she continued. It was then made rather plain to Ithiel why she might remark upon his skills: she could not see the land. The man was quiet as he considered her inquiries, one by one -- in his way, Ithiel was thorough and missed little.

There is forest -- thin here, close to the coast. Pines, and the winter-dead trees. More of the latter than pines, I think -- there would be many colors here in fall. There are hills, dips, inclines. There are no flat places, the forest rises and falls with the land. The cliff drops sharply into the bay. I am sure there is a beach during the low tides, but there is none now. I can see the far shore, but just barely -- a pale thread in the distance. Tonight is clear, very clear -- a fog or an overcast day, or less moon, and I do not think I could see it, even here, where the bay seems narrowest. The stars... they cover all the sky. One horizon to the other, he said, grasping for words at this last. As a mere tellurian, he did not know how to describe stars -- he knew how to describe land, for it was his trade and calling -- a scout unable to put words to his world was of no use at all.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread