True Nature
Fayne observed the tiny female closely with intent to jump at any moment. The wanderer stood there for a short minute staring off into the distance with a playful look upon her face. This quickly passed. The wanderer then turned and moved a few steps towards where she was quietly hiding. A sudden wave of disappointment washed over Fayne the moment she realized that she'd been spotted. Weirdly enough the continued in the direction she had been heading towards. Fayne could tell that this stranger was monitoring her every move closely. Fayne thought of what she could possibly do to distract the wanderer long enough to snatch the kill. Even then, it would take her time to drag the deer herself. The very thought of even trying to get that catch was becoming futile. Fayne was saddened. The thought of bringing home that large catch to her family and them being proud of her was such a tickling though.

She followed the wanderer waiting for her stop but she kept going, still intensely monitoring Fayne's own movements. A subtle sigh escaped Fayne's jaws...this was not going to end the way she had planned it to. Then, the stranger came to a halt for no reason it seemed. Then let out a howl. This howl was familiar to her. It was directed at others of her kind, probably a warning. Panicked, Fayne backed up a few feet not knowing what her next move should be. The wanderer turned to her and looked in her direction, then spoke, You won't be taking this kill. Find your own. Damnit..., Fayne thought to herself. Her sense of surprise had been diminished...she already knew that though. Fayne thought for a few minutes...then attempted to talk to wanderer out of the kill using intimidation.

You don't want to mess with me. Just leave the kill there and go. Trust me, I'm certain you'd be dead in seconds. She wasn't sure if this would even work, but she had to try something. She couldn't go back without a kill, she would not let her family down. She knew that another wolf would be coming soon and so she stayed hidden ready to make her escape if threatened.

Messages In This Thread