True Nature
Fayne jerked her head back and twitched an ear at her first response. What this stranger was explaining was indeed a completely knew concept to her. She'd grown up running from her own family and fighting for her survival, she had no one to owe thanks too. Not even her own sister, she used to think very highly of her until she deserted her and her four siblings. Now, she's nothing but dirt in her mind, as cruel as it may seem. Though this wolf was right, Fayne gave no acknowledgement of it. What had happened in her past was of no concern to anyone but her and her family and to her showed sign of weakness. Regardless of how many battles she'd been in she was always running from some thing or another. It was a tough life, but a cowardly one. Fayne gave a sorrowful sigh, then shook off the thought. She generally tried to stand tall and prideful, though she had nothing at all to be proud of.

The stranger shook her head at the second question and this landed a disappointed look upon Fayne's face. Even though she was sure the answer would be no anyways. Fayne was reminded that they this one had called for help when she had gotten to this border. Who knows what this wolf was planning and when this ally would show, her guard was instantly raised. But then, a suggestion to hunt together. Fayne couldn't help but laugh. Just a moment ago Fayne was threatening to steal her kill and now she was offering to hunt together. Fayne halted her laugh suddenly when she realized that it was kind gesture and shouldn't be laughed at. Though, it raised her suspicions a little. Could be a trap...or was she being truly sincere. Fayne was reluctant to trust this stranger. I apologize. It's just that.. Fayne caught her breath, she'd been holding it so she wouldn't laugh. Just a moment ago I was your enemy, and now you offer to aid me in a hunt?

Fayne quickly pondered the possible outcomes of this situation. She could end up in a trap or she could end up with a large meal to bring home and fill all of their guts. But why would a stranger want to have her dead, they've never met before. Also, the stranger seemed true to her words when she spoke. Fayne weighed the odds and figured it was worth taking a risk. A smile wrinkled Fayne's nose as she nodded her head. I accept. You're help would be much appreciated. Fayne was incredibly happy. The thought of a full stomach was indeed a joyful one. Maybe she could pick up some pointers from this stranger along the way. A stranger, she didn't know her name. I'm Fayne, pleased to make your acquaintance.

Messages In This Thread