if the futures been drawn out then nobody’s living
[html]
Oh, he had his secrets. They all had them. Whatever they were, they were worth keeping in the dark and never letting them see the light of day. Though honestly, his secrets weren't really secrets at all, it was just that he never bothered going in very deep into anything. One could theorize that in all reality, he wanted to blend in with the background but stand out all the same as something special. The diamond in the rough, the hidden gem at the bottom of the treasure chest. Maybe he was that, and maybe he wasn't. Sometimes, Laurel didn't even know what it was that he wanted. “Why not,” he mused at her thoughts aloud. “I mean, it was a change of pace. Not every little band I've been with moves around all of the time. We stop sometimes and for a while, enjoy the sights and then carry on.” Which in a sense, he thought would be what they would do here. “Folks come and go just like you and I did, that's just apart of the fun.”

Scratching at the side of his face idly for a moment, he took another swig from his bottle. There was a bit of an absence on his face and though he was caught up in his memories for a moment, he shoved it aside to pursue something else entirely. His thoughts moved on to the others that they had picked up to make their merry little band, and the smile slowly returned to his face when a certain someone popped up. “So what do you think of Laurie? I met him a while back, I think a bit before I met you.” There really wasn't much to say about Jasper yet, but Laurel looked forward to getting to know the kid a little more. He certainly hoped that Nikita would also do the same, though he doubted that she would acquaint herself with everyone just as he did. And if she didn't, then hey, he wasn't going to push her to be friendly. He never had and had no intentions of beginning.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread