if the futures been drawn out then nobody’s living
[html]
“It will, it'll just take time,” he said in return, recalling a place or two that he had trolled around with to be pretty small. But the longer it seemed that they were together, the more folks they picked up along the way. Of course, they hadn't been stationary as much as he had intended to be in this case; Laurel had liked the forest enough to want to stay there, he just wasn't sure if he wanted to admit he wanted something a bit longer term. A chance to take in the sights, to collect more friends like he had in Laurent and in turn, Nikita. Acquaintances had a habit of being forgotten just like a string of lovers that had turned out that way. “Folks'll come and go too, I reckon there will be a day when you see something that catches your fancy better than wandering around with me,” and that being said, he felt it was worth mentioning even if she never did.

Or really, maybe he would be the one to make the split; he couldn't really say that he saw into the future like some folks said they could. Gypsies were supposed to be known to be the mysterious folk that were made up of people who lived off of the earth as it were and told fortunes in exchange for something. He had seen a few that had pretty good guesses (not that he thought they couldn't do what they claimed to do, of course) and once or twice had been entirely right about something. But he couldn't read tea leaves or do tarot so it was a skill of little interest to him. “Maybe some folks will come up out of the woodwork from before too. I mean, I know the group we split off of was going east too, but we kind of went all over the place. That's probably why I've always made a better follower than a leader, I just go… wherever. No direction at all,” to that, he not only took another drink but laughed. He had been rather aimless since the day he had been born.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread