reaction to action
[html]

359 → Slow like a tortoise, sorry!

Salsola was home to the arcane, the discreet, and the dangerous. Never in her life had she strayed far enough from home to meet someone so cheerful as the pale woman who appeared before her, more like a midday ghost to her than anything else. The initial greeting, namaste was a foreign term to her, but it wasn't spit or snarled, so she thought little of it. It wasn't with surprise that she looked up from the grass, though, but with a thoughtful look. It was a nice day, wasn't it? There was sun and a few scattered clouds, and it was seasonably warm, but she hadn't given it much thought until now. The weather was of little consequence to her unless it would impede her goals. I do believe you're right,

At last she finally agreed with the idea and gestured in front of her, remembering the simplest of her manners by inviting the other canine to sit with her, before taking a small bite of the cured meat. Shuffling her foot closer to her rump, the haphazard grip her bent knee with which she hid the knife tightened; if it slipped, the pretty woman before her would have reason to be afraid, or at least suspicious. She was quite obviously pregnant, but Artemisia could care less about her condition. Children mattered very little to her unless they were the future of The Family, and this woman would probably never see the border of Salsola, let alone join their ranks. Still, she was mindful to the needs of an expectant mother eating for more than herself. Reaching for the knapsack she'd brought with her, she retrieved two additional strips of meat before hesitating. Sit, eat with me... If you want, of course. Her ravenous gaze hadn't gone unnoticed by the Salsolan.

Reclining slightly, the teenager settled her dominant left hand above her knee and took another careful bite, never taking her eyes from the stranger. Only when it felt appropriate to begin introductions did she introduce the idea of actual conversation, beyond the simplest of pleasantries. Still, her tone remained courteous and offhanded. Are you from around here?

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i38 ... gons-1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:139px; height:218px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread