reaction to action
[html]

576 → This is a bit awkward, and I rambled like a mofo. <__>

How strange that the Ichika no Ho-en wolves would take a Buddhist saying and slander it, given that they would attack Salsola and attempt to take their livestock. She knew nothing of Buddhism, of course, but would likely take this strange greeting back to her King anyway and ask him if he knew what it meant. Maybe nothing to him, but maybe everything to her. Only time would tell.

Continuing to appraise the white woman, she noted with little surprise that the woman radiated warmth and welcoming. She was pregnant after all, wasn't she? They said women glowed when they were in such a predicament (which was what the girl saw it as, nothing more than an inconvenience), and now she thought she understood the meaning behind those words.

Thanks quickly bubbled from her unlikely companion, and Artemisia's smile grew to hold a genuine air of approval, and maybe even kindness. Though she was carrying the future blood of her enemies, she would do nothing to prevent their safe journey into the world. The mother and her children were of little consequence to her, and right now, they were absolutely defenseless. However odd she may be, she had no intention of taking a life that couldn't protect itself. That blood would be meaningless, hollow. A victory undeserved, hardly worth boasting about.

Now she allowed herself another glance at their surroundings, seemingly to observe the weather and warmth, to bask in it, but more to ensure her own safety. At last she nodded and took another bite of her own strip before setting it aside and moved her ochre gaze upon this stranger once more. You're welcome, Unsure how to respond to the woman's question of whether she'd recently traveled to the vicinity, it took her a moment—which she substituted with another bite of food, to buy her the necessary time—before she answered. I guess so. I'm new to the world as a whole, really, so... She drifted off, surprised by her own truthfulness. There was an element of honesty in every great lie, she supposed. That's what made them so believable. If my being here is a problem, by all means, tell me. I just stopped to eat and catch my breath.

Moving now to the real object of her interest, and her entire reason for being at their doorstep, she trundled the name of the pack over in her mind with anticipation. If she returned with valuable information she would be rewarded for it, yes, but she cared little for that. She wanted to make her parents proud, that was all. Validation was all she wanted in life. Maybe it was backwards, to live entirely for the happiness of others, but she didn't care. Clearing her throat, she smiled in an almost bashful manner. So often it was that her mind ran away with itself. She was just a passenger to it. Ichika no Ho-en, that's the pack here? Pretty name, It was, truly. Your pack must be very strong, I think, to support a mother. Her voice oozed, much like her King's; in the time since he'd found her wandering the ruins she'd spent a few hours a week with him, and had begun to pick up the mannerisms in him that inspired such obedience in others.

Of course, she wanted this woman to think it was her own idea to tell her what really lay within the heartland of her pack.

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7Vx6P.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position: top left;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px; text-align:justify;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread