[M][P] And the bodies hit the floor.
[html]

Sorry for wait! Also, I powerplayed some so they could walk.

The blue merle female murmured sadly then questioned his understanding, at which point he gave her a sorrowful look. He didn’t want to speak his feelings aloud for fear that his greatest terrors would come true, but he wanted to let the girl know she was not alone in the connection she’d shared with the feline mother lying crumpled and coal-black in the grass. After gathering his thoughts with a breath, he spoke quietly.

“I’ve had a baba and anne,” Levent said, “but not at the same time; my father was largely absent, and my mother only cared for me at the dusk of my childhood. And I’ve met more strangers than you ever have, traveling all across Europe and Asia for trade. But there’s only one creature on this earth I can say I truly care about without lying.”

The tomcat was silent. Watching. Listening.

The Turkish man shrugged. “I understand,” he concluded plainly. He was glad he’d spoken, though. After what had happened at the camp with the blonde assassin, his best friend needed to know what he meant, needed to know that Lev understood their bond was a unique one. The cat was the only one able to call him out of his darkness, even if he was less and less successful as the seasons went on—but even if he did not mind, he listened to the council Wilson gave him. His words weighed heavy no matter what he thought.

Wincing, her lips wrinkled, the girl managed to stand. He watched her carefully then smiled in approval as she scratched under the cat’s chin, which drew an even louder purr out of the white feline. He nodded as she said she could walk, but he wrapped an arm around her nonetheless, ready to bear some of her weight so she could step easier.

They began to walk toward the tree, the male doing whatever he could to aid her movement. He was quiet for a moment after her question, but finally he shook his head. “You owe me nothing in the moment,” he said. “Perhaps a favor in the future, but who knows. So long as you don’t forget what I’ve told you today, it will be enough.” He didn’t want to hear that the dog had died of her deep grief.

Reaching the tree, Levent clawed his way up part of the trunk only so that he could slip the handle off the branch. The bag dropped into his hands, and he opened it quickly to find the gauze. He gestured for the girl to settle down on the ground, looking critically at the gashes, and sat down in front of her with a frown.

“Ah—what is your name?” the brown wolf asked after a second, managing a chuckle. “I am Levent, and this is Wilson.”

<style type="text/css">
.catdoglev b {font-weight:bold; color:#695b59; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #9b7757; }
.catdoglev w {font-weight:bold; color:#f3e4e2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #9b7757; }
.catdoglev p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.catdoglev {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9b198; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wfjaC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9b7757; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread