teeming with souls shall it ever be
[html]
I hope you are feeling better!! ;v;
WC: 275

His presence was intimidating to her. Colibri did not know of his rank, and still he seemed to radiate sheer power and dominance. Her troubled surliness quickly dissipated, replaced with awe and respect, mingling with more than a little anxiety. She could feel his intense green eyes surveying her, boring right through her. Shame threatened to bring tears welling to her eyes, an apology to her lips for all that she had squandered, the gift of life he had protected for her.

As the male addressed her, finally speaking, she self-consciously rubbed the thin scars on her wrists, the marks from her time as a captive. She should count herself lucky for having escaped death repeatedly, but it left her with the sour feeling that perhaps she was supposed to have died, over and over. "I do... sir," she replied softly, bowing her head in silent thanks. Of course she had never forgotten the actions her angel had taken for her, or the fierce words he had left her with. But something about his aura compelled her - no, pressured her - to be as honest as she could be, just as she had been that lonely night.

"But I fear that... I may not deserve the charity you gave me... I... I have taken lives myself." As her voice cracked, she could not hold his gaze any longer, and stared down at her feet, gritting her teeth tightly. He had been so vehement about the sanctity of life that a part of her was expecting him to strike her down, to enact vengeance for the souls she had extinguished. She would not defend herself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread