teeming with souls shall it ever be
[html]
Ahh that is a relief! 8) Did you buy a doggie seatbelt??
WC: 253

There was no blow forthcoming, no divine retribution striking her down. She blinked, cautiously looking back to the angel of mercy. His expression was so serious, and yet his words were... understanding. He did not fault her. And more surprisingly, he admitted to the same burden -- having extinguished lives himself. Colibri wanted to tell him that what she had done was righteous, but she could not even convince herself. Self defense was justifiable, and yet there had been four victims and only one of her. Would it not have been less evil for her one death than the quartet of theirs? They were young, barely yearlings, trying to make a name for themselves. If they had killed her, would they have gone on to kill again, or would it have taught them the error of their ways?

"...Who can be the judge of that?" she whispered miserably. "I was trying to protect myself... but... I wanted revenge as well, for how they mistreated me. I could have punished them without killing them, and escaped. But that's... not what happened..." The more she thought about it, the more she regretted her actions. She had been their captive, taking the brunt of their frustrations and cruel taunts. The coyotes were not innocent, but at best they were empowered bullies, leading her towards a fate they did not fully comprehend. Fear of Inferni and the skulls at their borders was the motivation she needed to free herself. Had fatally poisoning them been her only option?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread