[J][P] Gaming the system
[html]

(721) Ugh long, sorry for spamming you with textwall posts. @_@ If it's any consolation, we should be able to get this wrapped up with like, one or two more replies. XD

Eris is by Alaine!

The call surprised her. The voice was not unfamiliar, but it was entirely unexpected. The hybrid stood from beside the river, glancing sourly down toward the slaves. The weir was almost complete, almost and almost again, but there was work to be done yet, and she was growing impatient with their progress. It would do her well to step away for some time, even more well to see what this was all about, this cry of attention from a most unexpected source.

The hybrid moved quickly toward the source of Tlantli's voice, pondering its meaning as she did. The woman had shown her face at the Last Supper, and Eris thought this -- accompanied with her increased activity within the pack -- might mean a path of redemption for the flaxen coyote. Sister or not, she has many miles to go, the woman thought. Her own children were not safe and free from the constraints of Salsola -- her dearest Salvia had advanced so far only due to her worth, not her blood and mother's position. That some of her children would inevitably face the Associate rank, as well, spoke to her devotion toward the pack.

The sight upon the borders surprised the dark woman, who allowed her surprise to display openly. She regarded Tlantli and her closeness with the stranger with bright chartreuse eyes, going so far as to cock her head to one side as she stopped some feet away from them. She put a hand to her hip and smiled, albeit uncertainly. Her eyes flickered to the slim coyote's lean companion, appraising him with a quick glance, and then returned to Tlantli. What do we have here?

Eris, the yellow-furred woman said, stepping forward with a bowed head. She greeted the Auxiliary in the customary way, delivering a submissive nuzzle to each side of the dark hybrid's cheek and waiting in return for her own greeting. When it was done, Tlantli stepped back beside the man. Eris's chartreuse eyes perceived their closeness and looked toward the Family member questioningly. This is Ezequiel Isoko, and I give him to your approval, she said, looking toward the man with an uncharacteristically girlish smile. It fit strangely on her razor-toothed muzzle, and Eris's eyes widened as the tawny coyote continued. For our mateship.

The woman's serpentine head tilted to one side, and she blinked her green-yellow eyes slowly, as if failing to comprehend. Tlantli? Mateship? Everything the tawny woman had said and done previously indicated disdain of the concept to Eris -- she had been slow to grant approval of Larkspur and see the value in him, had she not? Certainly, Eris's own choice of mate played no part in the former Crone's hesitation on Larkspur. You surprise me, Tlantli, she said, lifting one hand to idly inspect the claws on it. I did not think you the type for mateship at all.

The tawny woman's smile only broadened, and she shook her head. There are none in Salsola available for me, and none I'd have if they were, for one reason or another. Too much wolves and women, lo siento, my Auxiliary. She dipped her head to apologize for her frankness, and Eris shrugged. She was impartial to species, but she saw the truth in the tawny woman's words. This was no wolf standing beside Tlantli. I find mine outside of Salsola, and his strength will be the pack's strength, the coyote said. Better for me, better for Salsola, she concluded.

Eris considered this a long moment, cocking her coal-hued head to the side. Is this the truth of it, Ezequiel? she inquired. You love her, yes, yes, lovely -- but your loyalty, your strength. You pledge it to Salsola, she asked, pointing a long finger at Tlantli, for her? Or -- your wish is to have a pack? The dark woman did not care what her members did in their bedrooms and private dens -- what mattered was their heart's deepest loyalty -- that of Salsola. Tlantli's face soured appropriately, but this was good -- the dark woman should question his viability for Salsola before she addressed their mateship. She had educated Ezequiel on this point, that he should affirm loyalty to the group before his loyalty to her.

<style>
#erisAlaine {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisAlaine p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisAlaine p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisAlaine .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:11px;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisAlaine .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisAlaine b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisAlaine u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisAlaine b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread