[J][P] Gaming the system
[html]

(473) Yus! <3

Eris is by Libri!

When first he spoke, it was all the coal-hued woman could do not to roll her eyes. Another one they'd have to struggle to communicate with -- as if Salsola did not possess enough foreign tongues to speak with whomever she desired? As he continued immediately, however, this impression was profoundly shattered, for English emerged from the man's muzzle. It possessed a lilting and almost whimsical sort of accent, one the dark-furred Auxiliary had never heard before. Her wolfish ears pricked forward to hear his speech, relishing the sounds of it as he spoke.

His words seemed scripted, as if they'd come from Tlantli, albeit filtered through a more educated and English-proficient mind. The dark woman studied her once-sister, who stood with her own head bowed, red eyes no higher than Eris's knees. The dark woman's gaze returned to Ezequiel, and she considered. As he finished speaking, however, a noise grabbed her attention, and she watched a third canine emerge from the bushes, this one a woman. The hopeful recruit introduced her as his sister, and Eris understood at once.

The life of a loner was difficult, and more difficult when one was burdened with the care of another. It was easy to spot Ezequiel as the stronger of this pair; Anita seemed to exude submission to Eris. She regarded this quietly, and listened to their exchange, understanding not a thing of it. Her muzzle wrinkled into a smile, and she peered toward Tlantli, who did not seem surprised in the least by the appearance of the other woman. Eris leaned forward and plucked the staff from the man's hands, inspecting its quality with her sharp chartreuse eyes. Finally, she nodded.

My sister has been kindly to me in the past. She legitimized my mateship with Larkspur. What kind of sister would I be if I denied her the same courtesy? the coyote spoke as if this was the obvious answer, as if no other course was even a possibility. Smiling toward the pack's new Associate and new Family member, she indicated they should rise and enter Salsola as members. Tlantli is ranked Family, and as our custom, she cannot mate one of the Associate rank -- you will therefore serve us as Family. This is a rare honor, she said, smiling sweetly. Do it justice. Anita, dear -- you must rise from the Associate rank, as most others. It is our way.

The coal-furred woman now turned her venemous eyes to Tlantli and offered her a smile, though her gaze still read plain distrust. Congratulations, dear sister, she said, grinning. Will we celebrate your new mateship? she asked, plainly switching from one dialect to the next -- a switch that might be painfully obvious to Tlantli, but might pass by the newer canines' notice.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread