Life Was Beautiful
[html]

That was a beautiful post! Sorry for the rambling on this one lol.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9086/cebtable.jpg);width:400px;height:150px;border:1px solid black;">

Emotional instability threatened to drown Cerberus as he sat there, waiting for a familiar scent to flutter toward him. His eyelids slugged open and closed, flashing horrible images across his mind's eye each time. He wondered how much time had passed already since he'd released his howl, and if he'd not been so weary from his trek then he would have known only five minutes had transpired. To him though, to the broken canine whose body was riddled with healing wounds and harbored a tormented soul, it seemed like ages. He peered up at the sky with his mismatched eyes, and the clouds took on the shapes of wolves, dancing and frolicking about as they chased each other around the sun. For a moment he thought he saw one with mismatched eyes as well - though instead one was blue and one was gold - and his breath caught in his chest as a whimper trickled from his lips and attempted to call out to the lost wolfess. Come back to me Blind, he muttered, closing his eyes tight on fresh tears, come back to me.

His body threatened to crumble in on itself until the scent of another provided a decent enough distraction. He opened his eyes again and saw a dark figure bounding toward him, and though he thought it might be Zalen, the size and femininity of the creature proved that it wasn't. Cerberus rose to his feet, shaking and stumbling a little, and then bowed in submission to the woman as she came to a halt before him. A quick glance over the fae told him that he had not seen this creature before, or if he had, he hadn't spoken with her. However, that hardly seemed to matter, as her glassy voice soothed the burning in his soul and permitted his heart to beat a little more normally as he regained his composure. She also seemed not to recognize him, and Cerberus guessed it was either because she'd neglected to spot him before too, or his face was mutilated past the point of recognition, something he'd feared early on to be true. But she was kind nonetheless, and he could do no less than to return her kindness as well.

Afternoon m'lady, he said, the tattered half of his right ear struggling to lie flat with the other, I've returned to New Dawn in hopes that I still have a place here. I am Cerberus Antum, and I had only been a part of your pack for perhaps a week or two before my unexpected disappearance. Do you recognize me? The question came out slowly and was paired with steady eyes slowly seeking her face, but they quickly fell again to gaze upon the girl's knees. She was a beautiful wolfess, but the fact that she had eyes similar to Blind's made his heart quiver in pain again. He choked back another tear, and forced his body to remain still as she looked over him. After a moment or two of silence had passed, he added, I had no intention of abandoning New Dawn. Another packmate and I went out to hunt, and...we were met with great misfortune. I have no desire to return to the life of a wanderer, but will do so if the pack's eyes fall on me with discontent in them. Tell me, what is your name young fae? And do you know if Zalen still holds me in as high a favor as he once did?

Cerberus swallowed his words with difficulty and then stole one more glance, this time toward the girl's neck. He pressed his body tighter to the ground, however, so as not to portray disrespect. Remaining in such a crumpled posture was taxing on his injured arm, and he hoped that she would allow him to stand soon enough.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread